Without a doubt, the legs are a very common area to apply depilatory waxes. Either in women as in men. And we also know that it is an excellent treatment to be longer without worrying about hair but we also propose it as a treatment for the skin, since our depilatory waxes are designed, accompanied by a good technique, to gently exfoliate the most superficial layers of the skin, which we call dead cells). Yes, our depilatory treatments focus on extracting all types of hair and also treating the skin.
A point that we always like to clarify, we suggest to shave large areas such as legs, our roll on, and the most sensitive areas such as English, armpits and face, with low fusion waxes. We also know that many aesthetics professionals use low fusion waxes for all body areas. And this concept is very correct. But it is true that you have to know how to do it. With this we mean that to go fast we have to be able to make large wax plates for an extensive region such as pìernas, but would be very slow and not very profitable.
Steps to follow in wax hair removal:
- Prepile gel application Starpil.
- Application of depilatory waxes Starpil.
- Application of post epil cosmetics. We have several options: post epil emulsion or post epil oil (we often make a mix between oil and emulsion, it is very moisturizing, perfect as post exfoliation with waxes). We also have the post -epil deardant mousse or the acid cream for when we observe some cutaneous rowing.
Roll on, the ideal system to shave large areas.
Tips hair removal system of legs:
- Always work with vinyl gloves.
- With our low fusion waxes, especially indicated for fragile areas such as English, armpits and facial, the Roll On and Lata system advises them for large bodily areas, such as legs, back, arms, abdomen and chest.
- Recall that the wax contained in a roll on is the same as the can in can. The only difference is the presentation format and its application technique. When we work with can wax it is essential to apply very thin layers.
- When the skin of our client is shown is sensitive, it is brunette by the sun or has some whitish peeling, a sign of cosmetic dehydration, we choose to apply creamy waxes. These waxes contain titanium dioxide in their composition being more selective, they have more affinity for hair than by the skin, therefore they adhere less to the skin. The crystalline waxes are recommended for resistant skin and that do not present signs of fragility.
- SAFETY TEST: Whenever we choose to perform Roll On wax treatment it is very important to perform a safety test in a hygienic band prior to its application on the skin.
- Apply only a layer of product, being especially careful with the most creamy waxes that have more density due to the presence of titanium dioxide in its composition.
- We advise not to repeat the application of this product. Always before repeating the application in the same area, we will try to enforce the wax that we already have in a hygienic band on the area to be reviewed, we often managed to finish the area with this review technique without having to apply wax again.
- To apply the wax, the applicator is placed about 45 ° of the skin, never at right angle.
- The wax depending on the type and heat received can be more liquid. It is very important to keep in mind incorporating the roll on as I work. We do not advise to apply the wax for no more than three applications with the roll on lying, so that we do not see wax escapes.
- The application of the wax is applied in favor of the direction of the hair and the extraction of the hygienic band is carried out against this address. Having the band fingers with the fingers and removing it parallel to the skin, never up so as not to produce customer damage.
- We must hold the skin very well from where we are going to extraction the hygienic band to create a fixed and stable support on the skin. This also facilitates a much more effective hair extraction result. Be especially careful in the inner face of the thigh, upper knee and rear thigh.
- Finish treatment with the application of depilatory cosmetics. It is fundamental, always and in all bodily areas, apply prepile gel and choose a post epil cosmetic Starpil appropriate according to the treated area. Recall that the wax in addition to extracting hair performs a soft exfoliation in the treated area. With post epil cosmetics we will help to regenerate, calm and perform a very healthy skin hydration.
- If the legs are exposed in stations such as spring-summer, we apply a sunscreen 50.
And as always that we shave with depilatory waxes, it is important to recommend to our client not expose itself to the Sun for 24-48 hours.
Ana Laura Vázquez- Technique in Medical Cosmetology.
Maystar technical advisor.